Finnissy - ‘Pious Anthems and Voluntaries (for the Chapel of St John’s College, Cambridge)
The Choir of St John's sings the premiere of Michael Finnissy's cycle of commissions for the Choir, sung in a liturgical context.
The Choir's Composer-in-Residence has worked with the Choir on this nine-part cycle since 2017, working closely with our singers and organists in developing each individual movement. This will be a special occasion that highlights St John's College's support of new music and the advancement of the choral tradition. This work was commissioned by means of the College Annual Fund and the Herbert Howells Organ Music Fund.
Finnissy | Pious Anthems and Voluntaries (for the Chapel of Saint John’s College, Cambridge)
1. Dum transisset Sabbatum [choir]
2. Dum transisset Sabbatum - double [organ]
3. Videte miraculum [choir]
4. Videte miraculum - double [organ]
5. Commentary on ‘Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern’ [flute, violin and organ]
6. Cantata: Herr Christ, der einge Gottessohn [soloists, choir, flute, violin and organ]
7. Commentary on BWV 562 [flute, violin and organ]
8. Plebs angelica [choir]
9. Plebs angelica - Response [grand organ and chamber organ]
More information about how to attend this service >