The Choir Association
The Choir Association of St John’s College exists to bring together people who share an interest in the Choir and its activities, whether they be past members or Friends keen to be involved with, and actively support the Choir and its activities.
Join the Choir Association
Sharing in the experience of singing at St John's has led quite naturally to former members of the Choir wishing to maintain their friendships. The first formal associations were the Old Choristers’ Association and the Choral Students Association, founded in the 1950s. These were succeeded in 1995 with the formation of the St John’s College Choir Association. In 2008 the constitution was updated committing the College to providing a greater level of support for the activities of the Choir Association.
- To ensure the long term sustainability of the Choir and its musical heritage by assisting with fundraising and other promotional activities
- To support and encourage the musical education and activities of current and former members of the Choir
- To promote friendly association between former Organ and Choral Students, Lay Clerks, Volunteers and Choristers
- To provide a forum whereby individuals, who were not members of the Choir but have a keen interest in it, may forge closer links
- To foster and maintain links between the Membership, the College and the College School through events in the College and other activities
- To disseminate information to the Membership via an annual Magazine, Newsletters, Website and other appropriate media